Salary: circa £20K
Performance Related Pay
23 days holiday
As the market leader in modular buildings, our market share has grown further, and we are looking to expand further into emerging markets.
Thurston Group Ltd are presently recruiting in Horbury Wakefield site. We are seeking a Apprentice who is keen to learn become a Production Technician to join the ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
The ideal candidate for this role would be capable of degree level working practice.
Overview Main duties:
To undertake the planning, preparation and value analysis of piece part manufacture at the company’s manufacturing plants. To have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, AutoCAD or AutoCAD Version X as a minimum and CNC programming of sheet metal machinery.
Areas of learning:
- To ensure that all jobs are booked into the department and reviewed for processing.
- To use the computer system in order to generate requirements for piece parts.
- The generation of a Special Manufacturing parts list and supplementary paperwork.
- The issuing out of cutting lists in accordance with the Production Plan.
- Programming piece parts on the CNC punch press using CNC Programming Software.
- Keep the library of CNC programmes in a clear and logical sequence.
- Maintaining existing Q parts drawings and the controlled issue to other departments.
- The preparations of drawings using AutoCAD programme.
- Undertaking development work as required as a result of requests from either the R & D committee or through request made by the production management.
- To make sure that all instructions passed onto other departments do not knowingly have health and safety implications that could affect others.
- To assist where practical with the reproduction all manufacturing drawings, following ISO9001 procedures for use with the materials & production services department.
- To assist where practical with the collation all manufacturing packs for issue to the shop floor, including the preparation of the quality assurance checklists.
- Good numeracy and computer skills.
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to work well in a team
- ·Good organisation/ planning skills
- High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation.
- Good team player.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to think fast on your feet.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm with 30 mins unpaid break.
Compensation and Reward:
- Salary: circa £20K
- Performance Related Pay up to 10% of yearly income (linked to company achieving profit targets)
- Holiday: 23 days holiday in first full complete year of service rising to 25 days
- Free onsite parking
- Statutory Pension
- Life Assurance after 12 months of service
You will undergo an interview if your application is successful.
IMMEDIATE START ARE AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE